[LEAPSECS] Government ability to carry out policy

Gerard Ashton ashtongj at comcast.net
Tue Feb 8 11:24:56 EST 2011

Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:

> History has shown that very few, if any, governments have been unable

> to carry through their more or less well thought out policies in this

> area.

Well, it can be difficult to identify government policies; various
office holders and agencies tend to scurry about
following their own agendas. I will point to a very simple policy (?)
that appears on the NIST website has not been implemented even within
the governmemt: when using 12 hour time notation, the terms "12:00 AM" and
"12:00 PM" are meaningless and the terms "noon" and "midnight" should be
used instead (the order of terms
should not be used to infer that "12:00 AM" is the same as "noon".

Gerry Ashton