[LEAPSECS] LEAPSECS Digest, Vol 51, Issue 26

Finkleman, Dave dfinkleman at agi.com
Tue Feb 8 13:27:52 EST 2011

PHK is on the mark. I do not know why SOCRATES cites as conjunctions
things that are already docked or planned to come close. I have not
been able to convince my colleagues. May if PHK submitted a comment to
them, it would help.

I will stay out of the discussion of the need to synchronize civil time
with Earth rotation. That is not the most important issue for me. The
most important issue is that we represent a community that needs such
synchronization for collaborative operations. Time scales and intervals
must be available for that purpose. We have one now, UTC. It is
imperfect. If it becomes unsuitable for our requirements, what is the
alternative?

Dave Finkleman
Senior Scientist
Center for Space Standards and Innovation
Analytical Graphics, Inc.
7150 Campus Drive
Colorado Springs, CO 80920

Phone: 719-510-8282 or 719-321-4780
Fax: 719-573-9079

Discover CSSI data downloads, technical webinars, publications, and
outreach events at www.CenterForSpace.com.