[LEAPSECS] one second tolerance

Tony Finch dot at dotat.at
Wed Feb 9 07:19:06 EST 2011

On Wed, 9 Feb 2011, Ian Batten wrote:

> Extra fun will ensue if England moves to full-time daylight saving or to

> WET, both of which have a non-zero chance of happening, while Scotland

> remain on their existing arrangements, which also has a non-zero chance.

You mean CET. (We are currently on WET.

> Timestamping financial events to 1s resolution opens up the whole "is UK

> legal time UT1 or UTC?" question again, too.

Not really, since a particluar market can specify which reference clock
its traders must use.

Having said that, I had a brief look at the rules of the London Stock
Exchange which says in rule 3040 in the "off order book trading rules":
"Member firms shall submit the exact date and time of when a trade is
agreed to the nearest second" - but it doesn't specify any reference
clock.

Tony.
--
f.anthony.n.finch <dot at dotat.at> http://dotat.at/
HUMBER THAMES DOVER WIGHT PORTLAND: NORTH BACKING WEST OR NORTHWEST, 5 TO 7,