[LEAPSECS] What's the point?

Gerard Ashton ashtongj at comcast.net
Mon Feb 14 19:30:03 EST 2011

This is not just a computing issue it is a time keeping issue. People
frequently apply time zones
to times mentally, so there should be an integer number of hours between
the internationally
accepted basis for time and the civil time in any particular place.
Countries that ignore this will
suffer in international commerce, albeit to a tiny and unmeasurable degree.

Gerry Ashton