[LEAPSECS] Crunching Bulletin B numbers (POSIX time)

Rob Seaman seaman at noao.edu
Sat Feb 19 19:28:40 EST 2011

On Feb 19, 2011, at 2:46 PM, Joe Gwinn wrote:

> This would go a long way to resolving the POSIX objections.

Excellent - more consensus!

> If such an approach is in fact adopted, and I very much doubt that the Timelords much care about POSIX.

Indeed. Perhaps no more than they care about UTC continuing to address astronomical or Earth orientation use cases.

That said, it isn't a question of what any of us individually "care" about. It is about establishing a coherent system engineering process for worldwide timekeeping.