[LEAPSECS] Crunching Bulletin B numbers (POSIX time)

Ian Batten igb at batten.eu.org
Wed Feb 23 13:30:29 EST 2011

> you've never dealt with the military have you? Our customer demands what they demand. We try our best to talk them out of crazy requirements, but with the military that's not always possible. They must comply with the dictated requirements in some cases from higher up. UTC shall be used for all timestamps. All errors in time keeping must be logged with timestamps. Boom, they are cross coupled...

Well, no-one is forcing you to do business: there is the concept of "no bid". As things stand, you're asking everyone else to modify their requirements to attune with your customers. And in the UK at least, the military have recently had something of a clue hammer dropped on them to tell them that they can't just keep buying, to use the minister of defence's words, "fantasy projects" without regard to cost.

ian