[LEAPSECS] ITU

Finkleman, Dave dfinkleman at agi.com
Wed Nov 2 14:13:42 EDT 2011

I keep touch with the Department of State (DoS) delegation to the ITU.
They appointed Benson to create the US position, so we know what that
is. However, the information DoS has distributed includes the fact that
ITU scope and responsibilities are under pressure. ITU is attempting to
expand its scope to cyber security. There is much resistance, some of
which manifests itself in recommendations to reduce ITU scope rather
than increase it. Whether ITU should "own" UTC has been batted around
outside of our concerns. Perhaps there is too much of greater
significance on the plate for the WRC, and UTC will not be able to drain
much deliberative energy.

Dave Finkleman
Senior Scientist
Center for Space Standards and Innovation
Analytical Graphics, Inc.
7150 Campus Drive
Colorado Springs, CO 80920

Phone: 719-510-8282 or 719-321-4780
Fax: 719-573-9079

Discover CSSI data downloads, technical webinars, publications, and
outreach events at www.CenterForSpace.com.