[LEAPSECS] No leapseconds on trains

Clive D.W. Feather clive at davros.org
Thu Nov 17 06:26:29 EST 2011

Poul-Henning Kamp said:

> We're having a bit of a project management scandal in Denmark related

> to purchase of 83 "IC4" trains.

> Reasearching this, I have been reading up on MVB, "Multi Vehicle

> Bus" (IEC61375) which is how modern rail-hardware talks to each

> other, which is good geek material btw, some smart thinking in

> there.

[...]

> Notation for the TIMEDATE48 type

> Definition

> A structured type expressing the absolute time in number

> of seconds since Universal Co-ordinated Time (UTC), 00:00:00,

> 1st January 1970 (Unix and ANSI-C format).

Could you please tell them that that is *NOT* the ANSI-C format (not that
there is such a thing as ANSI-C, but never mind). The C Standard does not
put any requirements on the representation of times.

--
Clive D.W. Feather | If you lie to the compiler,
Email: clive at davros.org | it will get its revenge.