[LEAPSECS] leap smear

Stephen Colebourne scolebourne at joda.org
Fri Sep 16 13:22:48 EDT 2011

I think a mechanism to map solar day linked UTC with leaps to an 86400
'sec' day (which is what most people believe to be the case) to be the
essential element that the original UTC authors missed. SLS seems a
reasonable and simple approach. My preferred change would be 3 year
leap sec notice, a name for the artificial 86400 'sec' system, and an
ageed mapping between the two, such as SLS.
Stephen