[LEAPSECS] Legal violation for failure to know sunrise/sunset to nearest minute

Ian Batten igb at batten.eu.org
Tue Sep 20 15:38:45 EDT 2011

On 20 Sep 2011, at 1818, Gerard Ashton wrote:

> In a phone discussion, a spokeswoman for the Vermont Department of Fish and Wildlife

> [ (802) 241-3700 ] claimed that the hunting hours regulation, which are stated in terms of sunrise and sunset,

> would be enforced to the nearest minute.

They're hardly going to say "we publish the regulations, but don't worry, we don't enforce them", are they? If they're enforced to the nearest minute, it shouldn't be hard for them to find a court case in which they were enforced to the nearest minute. And that's before we worry about what "the nearest minute" means.

ian