[LEAPSECS] "China move could call time on GMT"

Nero Imhard nimh at pipe.nl
Thu Jan 5 06:34:24 EST 2012

Ian Batten wrote:

> I think there's a certain degree of hubris involved in any discussion in

> which you attempt to solve problems that will not be confronted for

> thousands of years.

True. But there is quite a bit of arrogance involved in *causing* such
problems.

Fundamentally changing the semantics of a time scale while retaining the
name WILL be a future source of confusion. This can be prevented by
properly changing over legal time to a uniform time scale (which seems to
be the requirement).