[LEAPSECS] What is GMT?

Warner Losh imp at bsdimp.com
Thu Jan 5 12:18:31 EST 2012

On Jan 4, 2012, at 11:27 PM, Michael Sokolov wrote:

> That's what one gets for

> redefining existing timescales and forcing a totally different

> definition under an old name by bullying and fiat instead of

> cooperation and consensus.

Why should this time be any different than the last time? Leap seconds were rushed in, at the last minute with little coordination or cooperation in a manner that left hard feelings for years. I think Steve Allan has a web page on his site that documents this from original docs that are now hard to find...

Warner