[LEAPSECS] New terminology will be needed.

Zefram zefram at fysh.org
Thu Jan 5 12:40:09 EST 2012

Warner Losh wrote:

>The current proposal has no leap hours, so wouldn't the subtraction be unbounded?

I think the point is to have a term for TAI - 35 s, or whatever the
formula ends up being. We'll need to distinguish between these time
scales at least:

(a) UTC with leap seconds up to 2017 and undefined after 2017

(b) TAI - 35 s (applicable both before and after 2017)

(c) UTC with leap seconds up to 2017 and no leaps afterwards (a composite
of (a) and (b), which will supposedly be called "UTC")

-zefram