[LEAPSECS] "China move could call time on GMT"

Tony Finch dot at dotat.at
Thu Jan 5 14:35:35 EST 2012

Warner Losh <imp at bsdimp.com> wrote:

> Do people have a notion how we'll recon time when the accumulated delta

> becomes large (like on the order of 100k seconds)? UTC+27?

I reckon the timezone fudge is workable for rate errors as large as 1e-5,
which would imply a timezone change every 11 years.

More speculation along these lines: http://fanf.livejournal.com/116480.html

Tony.
--
f.anthony.n.finch <dot at dotat.at> http://dotat.at/
Viking, North Utsire, South Utsire, Forties, Cromarty, Forth, Tyne, Dogger: