[LEAPSECS] "China move could call time on GMT"

Clive D.W. Feather clive at davros.org
Mon Jan 9 09:38:56 EST 2012

Ian Batten said:

> or less correctly on DCF77 being civil time for most of the remainder of the EU,

I was going to nit-pick that "most", but I think you're correct. Of 27
countries and ignoring summer time issues:

* 12 are in zone 1
* 8 are in zone 2 [BG, CY, EE, FI, GR, LT, LV, RO]
* 2 are mostly in zone 1, with all of the EU parts in zone 1 [DK, NL]
* 2 are mostly in zone 1 [ES, FR]
* 2 are mostly in zone 0 [GB, PT]
* 1 is in zone 0 [IE]

The four microstates are all in zone 1. The five candidates are in 0, 1, 1,
2, and 2.

--
Clive D.W. Feather | If you lie to the compiler,
Email: clive at davros.org | it will get its revenge.