[LEAPSECS] ISO TC 37

Rob Seaman seaman at noao.edu
Tue Jan 17 09:52:58 EST 2012

Tony Finch wrote:

> Are there any countries whose time standards are not UTC? (De facto I mean, regardless of what the law says.)

An excellent example of the many, many pertinent questions whose answers remain unexplored and unknown. Another is the list of countries for which de facto usage of UTC will come in conflict with the law should Coordinated Universal Time no longer serve as an equivalent of Universal Time and Greenwich Mean Time.

For more questions, and even some answers, see:

http://futureofutc.org/preprints

and references therein.

Rob Seaman
National Optical Astronomy Observatory