[LEAPSECS] ISO TC 37

Daniel R. Tobias dan at tobias.name
Tue Jan 17 23:21:49 EST 2012

On 17 Jan 2012 at 20:59, Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:

> A lot of technical treaties and regulations say UTC in no uncertain words,

> for instance in air-space regulations. I am pretty certain that creating

> a new timescale and mandating its transmission over for instance WWV[B] and

> DCF77 would give a lot of interesting issues where ATC facilities are

> time synchronized to the new scale, but should have been to the UTC scale.

And why are those legal issues more significant than the ones that
will arise with respect to other laws, treaties, regulations,
standards documents, etc., that specify GMT or some other form of
solar time, once a redefined UTC (or whatever it's called then) no
longer closely tracks it?

--
== Dan ==