[LEAPSECS] Multi-timezone meetings

Rob Seaman seaman at noao.edu
Wed Jan 25 14:05:41 EST 2012

Tony Finch wrote:

> You'll have to explain why you think videoconferencing breaks the Olson timezone database to me, because I don't get it.

I don't recall saying any such thing. The original reply was to this comment from Daniel R. Tobias:

> Usually such events are only "fixed" relative to local civil time in the place where the event is to take place...

I was pointing out that in the modern world events often have multiple timezones, and included my usual plea to collect use cases and discover requirements before speculating on appropriate solutions.