[LEAPSECS] Anybody coming to SPLASH?

Rob Seaman seaman at noao.edu
Mon May 21 17:33:28 EDT 2012

SPLASH is "Systems, Programming, Languages and Applications: Software for Humanity", which asserts itself "the premier conference at the intersection of programming languages, programming, and software engineering", being held this year in my home town of Tucson. SPLASH is an umbrella for OOPSLA and PLoP (combine the two and an umbrella is clearly appreciated):

http://splashcon.org/2012/

If anybody from LEAPSECS is planning to attend we could arrange to squabble in person over a cerveza.

Splendid weather in Tucson in October. It's at one of the nicer resorts in the foothills of the Santa Catalina mountains. Local landmarks include several that should be of interest to this crowd, including:

http://mirrorlab.as.arizona.edu/
http://www.titanmissilemuseum.org/
http://www.noao.edu/outreach/kpvc/
http://www.desertmuseum.org/