[LEAPSECS] happy anniversary pips

Greg Hennessy greg.hennessy at cox.net
Tue Feb 11 19:34:19 EST 2014

> The effects of those leap seconds are a clear and present danger.

Some people claim this. Others disagree.

> People have been working for the past 15 years to make leap seconds

> better, yet in the last leap second all Linux kernels crashed due to

> a subtle bug that is only triggered when there was a leap second.

Um, that is false. All linux kernels did not crash, in fact NONE
of mine did.

Did *some* multiprocessing kernels go into a spin lock
when they issued a printk? Yes. I admit to wanting to know
why the cry isn't "Symmetric multiprocessing is hard"
rather than "leap seconds are hard".