[LEAPSECS] happy anniversary pips

Brooks Harris brooks at edlmax.com
Thu Feb 13 07:26:41 EST 2014

On 2014-02-12 03:53 PM, Richard Clark wrote:

> Back in the 1974 oil crisis the US made an 'emergency' change to its

> DST schedual. I don't recall the legal mechanism used. It was likely

> an executive order from the President.

Is was an act of Congress - the Emergency Daylight Saving Time Energy
Conservation Act of 1973
http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/?pid=4073

It was signed December 15, 1973, to go into effect January 6, 1974.

The recent one in 2007, as part of the Energy Policy Act of 2005
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Energy_Policy_Act_of_2005

Passed July 29, 2005, Daylight in effect March 11, 2007

-Brooks