[LEAPSECS] Standards of time zones -Brooks Harris

Poul-Henning Kamp phk at phk.freebsd.dk
Fri Jan 10 14:52:09 EST 2014

In message <2A2480DC-A5D6-4027-8364-E17AF4049620 at noao.edu>, Rob Seaman writes:

>Not pertinent, however, to my point about religious metaphors

>emanating from antipope.org. One might, for instance, be skeptical

>of comments about ev= >olution arising from a creationist web site,

>however skillful the writer :-)

I belive you can find why the site is called "antipope.org" in his FAQ.

>Is leaded gas widely used anymore? (Not a rhetorical question.

>Long gone in the US, but don't know about elsewhere.)

Yes, it's still very much used, but not in "civilized" countries
any more.

There's an interesting moral question embedded in the fact that
certain western countries are trying very hard to prevent the
remaining countries from dropping lead in gasoline, but I suspect
it's really just a matter of money.

phk at FreeBSD.ORG | TCP/IP since RFC 956
FreeBSD committer | BSD since 4.3-tahoe