[LEAPSECS] presentations from AAS Future of Time sessions

Poul-Henning Kamp phk at phk.freebsd.dk
Mon Jan 13 04:30:22 EST 2014

In message <BE5B1909-2417-4F36-B5CC-AA2B35E4556D at bsdimp.com>, Warner Losh write
s:

>http://www.dtic.mil/dtic/tr/fulltext/u2/a280955.pdf Perhaps these

>documents will prove useful in working out TAI's origin, but it seems

>that LORAN-C started in 1958, and so did TAI time's EPOCH, so there's a

>strong inference to be made at the connection between the two...

Actually, I recall somebody mentioning that to me, it may have been
Dave Mills long time ago when I worked on his LORAN-C receiver.

I can't remember exactly what he said though, but it was probably
in an email so given time to trawl my mail-archive I might be able
to find it. He's also still alive so he can be asked, but his
eyesight is very very bad, and I doubt he reads emails any more.

(Dave Mills was intimately involved in Loran-C, and he's the brain
behind the 16-pulse "tactical" Loran-C during the vietnam war.)

phk at FreeBSD.ORG | TCP/IP since RFC 956
FreeBSD committer | BSD since 4.3-tahoe