[LEAPSECS] Common Calendar Time (CCT) -Brooks Harris

Zefram zefram at fysh.org
Fri Jan 17 20:22:24 EST 2014

Brooks Harris wrote:

>Yes, I understand that. Perhaps using the word "origin" was careless.

>Maybe you can suggest a better term.

"proleptic". You may usefully add "with astronomical year numbering" to
make clear that zero and negative year numbers are valid. But really,
when you're defining a time scale, the calendar is irrelevant. It's a
separate concern that should be addressed separately.

>Of course the idea is that dates after 1972-01-01T00:00:00Z are

>"earth corrected" (Leap Seconds).

Are you implying that dates before are not? That wouldn't be a proleptic
UTC.

-zefram