[LEAPSECS] leap second festivities?

Martin Burnicki martin.burnicki at meinberg.de
Wed Jul 1 09:30:16 EDT 2015

Miroslav Lichvar wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 30, 2015 at 09:42:50PM +0100, Rob Seaman wrote:
>> Any thoughts on watching Google’s (or anybody else’s) smear in action?  Kind of like watching paint dry, but still…
>
> It seems the Google leap smear has finished. Here is a plot of offsets
> of some Google servers I included in my leap second monitoring.
>
> https://mlichvar.fedorapeople.org/leap2015/google_smear.png

Similar results here, recorded on a system which did the leap second
step, so you can see the +/- 0.5 s maximum error:
http://people.ntp.org/burnicki/leap-second-2015-06-30/time1.google.com-216.239.32.15.png

We have also monitored time.windows.com, and the result is really bad:
http://people.ntp.org/burnicki/leap-second-2015-06-30/time.windows.com-23.99.222.162.png

Martin
--
Martin Burnicki

Senior Software Engineer

MEINBERG Funkuhren GmbH & Co. KG
Email: martin.burnicki at meinberg.de
Phone: +49 (0)5281 9309-14
Fax: +49 (0)5281 9309-30

Lange Wand 9, 31812 Bad Pyrmont, Germany
Amtsgericht Hannover 17HRA 100322
Geschäftsführer/Managing Directors: Günter Meinberg, Werner Meinberg,
Andre Hartmann, Heiko Gerstung
Web: http://www.meinberg.de