[LEAPSECS] leap second festivities?

Poul-Henning Kamp phk at phk.freebsd.dk
Wed Jul 1 09:56:40 EDT 2015

--------
In message <5593EB55.6090401 at meinberg.de>, Martin Burnicki writes:

>> The maximum offset with the linear smear was almost three times larger
>> than with the cosine smear. I think there is a different reason why
>> they switched to the linear smear.

I fear that test has sufficient power to reveal the full picture.

The NTPD PLL is quite temperamental, and when combined with the
median filter and a poll rate of 2048 seconds, things can get quite
"interesting".

I'm pretty sure that the linear smear interacts better with the
median filter at high poll intervals.

>I'm going to run a test with a linear approach, too.

Please run it with "minpoll N maxpoll N" for N in (4...11)