[LEAPSECS] Did John Oliver just save the leap-second ?

John Hawkinson jhawk at MIT.EDU
Thu Jul 2 16:52:53 EDT 2015

David Malone <dwmalone at maths.tcd.ie> wrote on Thu,  2 Jul 2015
at 20:13:58 +0100 in <20150702191358.GB34135 at walton.maths.tcd.ie>:

> > It seems to me that the problem here is that the Systemd people picked

> Maybe worth noting here?
>
> 	https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NTP_server_misuse_and_abuse

Definitely not. Wikipedia is not for original research or casual
discussions. Writing up our own summary on that page would not be
encyclopedic. If somebody else has delved into the details and
published them (hopefully something better than a mailing list thread?),
then it becomes appropriate to summarize that other person's work.

You could put a note on the talk page though
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:NTP_server_misuse_and_abuse

--jhawk at mit.edu
  John Hawkinson