[LEAPSECS] leap second festivities?

Richard Langley lang at unb.ca
Tue Jun 30 16:12:06 EDT 2015

;-)
The picture of me on the front of our papers today shows me pretending to use one of my sextants. Readers (viewers?) might not notice but there is a picture of one on the UNB GNSS antennas in the background. Nice juxtaposition, I thought. Might try to scan it for others to "enjoy."
An "op ed" piece I had written for our papers but which they decided not to run in favour of their cub reporter's story is on the GPS World website instead:
http://gpsworld.com/its-leap-second-day-time-to-get-in-sync/
-- Richard
P.S. I'm having my single malt early, i.e., right now so please down weight anything I'm writing accordingly. ;-) Just came in from checking CHU reception on one of my portable SW receivers (have to get away from all of the RFI in the house). Quite good right now on 7850 kHz.

| Richard B. Langley                            E-mail: lang at unb.ca         |
| Geodetic Research Laboratory                  Web: http://gge.unb.ca      |
| Dept. of Geodesy and Geomatics Engineering    Phone:    +1 506 453-5142   |
| University of New Brunswick                   Fax:      +1 506 453-4943   |
| Fredericton, N.B., Canada  E3B 5A3                                        |
|        Fredericton?  Where's that?  See: http://www.fredericton.ca/       |