[LEAPSECS] leap second festivities?

Rob Seaman seaman at noao.edu
Tue Jun 30 22:27:55 EDT 2015

By Sunday morning I meant midnight UTC Saturday.  More generally it isn’t surprising that “weekdays” will mean different things in different cultures, so the question is when during a week is globally least intrusive to introduce an intercalary correction of any sort?  Failing that, when should a global holiday be declared (similar to New Year’s Day) in June or July should any sort of global event need to be coordinated (i.e., timekeeping or otherwise)?

Such a holiday or otherwise blessed period could be useful for checkpointing other global technologies as well.

So, any significant issues noted as yet?  I found that skyping to the WWV phone number worked pretty well and MacOS, at least, incremented ok across the leap second.  Will report on telescope issues if anybody notices any.

Rob
—