[LEAPSECS] POSIX? (was Time math libraries, UTC to TAI)

Steffen Nurpmeso steffen at sdaoden.eu
Fri Dec 30 08:38:29 EST 2016

Rob Seaman <seaman at lpl.arizona.edu> wrote:
 |The argument appears to be that POSIX is such crap that we have to \
 |degrade other technologies. This may be aligned with the zeitgeist \
 |of 2016, yet remains oddly unpersuasive.

Having a standardized CLOCK_TAI improves the situation enormously,
at a glance.  It is just one public constant and an integer that
could be as small as one byte (8 bit) in the kernel (i think).

And it seems the EU bureaucrats also try to put some political
value into the time scale used in the financial market.
Like lyrics, blowing in the wind...  I didn't know that.

Man.  Am i lucky this year is over soon, so many deaths, and then
brain-deadnesses like «all politicians lie».  Now that really
brings you on.  With 1300 channels of s..t on TV to choose from.

Time to go.  Ah.  And avoid world war three, of course.
«Guten Rutsch» into 2017!
Ciao.

--steffen