[LEAPSECS] negative leap second milestone

John Sauter John_Sauter at systemeyescomputerstore.com
Sat Aug 26 13:58:36 EDT 2023

According to the IERS, today, for the first time since the
establishment of the modern definition of UTC in 1973, the quantity
UT1-UTC crosses zero while increasing.  If this continues we will have
a negative leap second, probably some time in the 2030s.

https://datacenter.iers.org/data/html/bulletina-xxxvi-034.html

If you project the modern definition of UTC back in time, the last time
this would have happened was in 1894.
    John Sauter (John_Sauter at systemeyescomputerstore.com)
--
get my PGP public key with gpg --locate-external-keys
John_Sauter at systemeyescomputerstore.com