[LEAPSECS] prep for WRC 23

Poul-Henning Kamp phk at phk.freebsd.dk
Thu Dec 21 13:22:51 EST 2023

Resolution 655 was approved by the WRC plenary, reportedly in a
very routine manner and with with neither drama nor long speeches.

The full text of the resolution is on page 399 of the provisional final acts:

	https://www.itu.int/dms_pub/itu-r/opb/act/R-ACT-WRC.15-2023-PDF-E.pdf

My Tl;dr version of the resolution is:

	Timescales are not spectrum regulation, we defer to CPGM
	and BIPM on that, but will handle any fall-out as far as
	radio signals go.  Please keep DUT1 less than 100 seconds.

Then BIPM then issued this press release:

	https://www.bipm.org/en/-/2023-12-12-wrc-dubai

Which I read as death notice for the leap-second, with further
details of the funeral to announced after CPGM's meeting in 2026.