seperating blockquotes (repost)

Már Örlygsson mar at anomy.net
Mon Apr 5 13:54:59 EDT 2004

I want to use Markdown to write two seperate blockquotes one after the
other like this:

When I attempt to do this in Markdown, I seperate the two `>` blocks
with an empty line - like this:

    > "This is the first quotation."

    > "This is another, seperate, quotation."

However, instead of two blockquotes, I get one blockquote with two `<p>`
paragraphs inside it - like this:

Which I'd have expected to get had my empty line between the qoted
paragraphs contained a single `>` character - like this:

    > "This is the first quotation."
    >
    > "This is another, seperate, quotation."

I'm not sure if this is a bug in the current version of Markdown, or if
John intended it to work like this.

I think it would be valuable to be able to create two or more
consecutive blockquotes by simply seperating them with an empty line,
and also to be able to join them all together by writing `>` on the
empty line.

What do you think?

--
Már Örlygsson