From FormatBreaks to Markdown

Jay Allen markdown at openwire.com
Mon Apr 12 15:44:43 EDT 2004

Hi all,

After MUCH debugging, I have finally figured out why Markdown was not
actually converting my Markdown-marked-up entries: Brad Choate's
FormatBreaks plugin requires a convert_breaks="0" on the chosen MT tags
and this supresses Markdown as well as all other Text Formatting
plugins.

Ironic considering that I wrote recently about lock in:
http://www.jayallen.org/journey/2004/03/the_cms_and_inline_html

Anyhow, now I'm in a bit of a pickle.  If I remove the
convert_breaks="0" from <$MTEntryBody$> and its brethren in favor of
using Markdown, all previous non-Markdown entries will be utterly
wacked.  Might any of you see a clear path[1] through this jungle of
conversion?

John, you may also want to make a note on the site about this in order
to save other idiots like myself some time.

Thanks in advance,
-j-
http://www.jayallen.org/

[1] - And by clear path, I mean one that is not going to take me a full
24 hours or more to do and does not involve using MT's export and
import functionality which as everyone knows is about as useful as --
well, actually, I can't think of anything that is either equally useful
or less so.