Throwing a 404

John Gruber gruber at fedora.net
Sun Apr 25 19:09:20 EDT 2004

Byron <byron at texturadesign.com> wrote on 04/25/04 at 7:53a:

> I finally traced an MT entry saving problem to Markdown. Whenever, I save an
> entry, a 404 is thrown. If I don't choose Markdown, it save without a 404.
> Before arriving at that conclusion, I tried every possible MT
> troubleshooting, including reinstalling, permissions checking, etc.

I don't know what the problem could be, Byron.

Do you have any other plug-ins installed? If so, which?

Does the 404 come while you're using MT's web interface -- or is the
404 generated when you try to view the entry on your weblog?

I suspect we're missing something obvious here, but I don't know
what.

Oh, do you know if you have access to your web server error logs? If
so, I'll bet there's a clue in there.