Adding a "Safe" option?

Jon Hart jhart at starrtechmail.com
Mon Apr 26 21:30:01 EDT 2004

> For lack of a better term, I've been calling this a "safe" option.  Does
> this sound useful?  If I get this to work, I'll of course publish the
> patch.  Am I overlooking anything, functionality-wise?  I've only
> browsed the full source, so I haven't quite determined how I'll
> accomplish this, but I think that MD's methodical parsing strategy
> should work to my advantage.

Surely the way to handle this is to convert an <  or  > to their
respective html encoded strings. Those two characters arent legal in
html ( except for designating tags ) so doing a complete convert covers
it ( surely MD should be doing this already ). Then wrap a code around
it to make it look pretty.

--
Jon Hart,
Starrtech Interactive,