Adding a "Safe" option?

Lou Quillio public at quillio.com
Tue Apr 27 04:22:49 EDT 2004

On Apr 26, 2004, at 9:20 PM, Jason Clark wrote:

> It makes sense to me to put the scrubbing code inside Markdown and
> make it a configurable option.

But does it really make sense?  Scrubbing *after* Markdown is cleaner,
easier, consistent with the user experience you want, and contends
directly with the goal of stripping unsafe tags.  This might be a case
where the solution isn't a hack, but a concise description of the rules
("Images and script will be stripped").  Plus you've got mandatory
preview.  And these are only comments, anyhow.  [Just left one,
btw.][1]

I won't elaborate; the considerations are obvious.  It's just that I
sometimes get hung-up on doing things the hard way, and wish somebody
would stop me when I do.

LQ

[1]:http://jclark.org/weblog/Rants/compusa.html