Adding a "Safe" option?

Michel Fortin michel.fortin at michelf.com
Fri Apr 30 18:26:46 EDT 2004

Le 30 avr. 2004, à 18:01, John Gruber a écrit :

> Off the top of my head, I was thinking you could do this by
> preprocessing Markdown input, according to the following rules:
>
> +   if a line is indented, it's a code block, so leave tags alone
>
> +   if a line is not indented, turn each < into `&lt;`
>
> However, that won't work for inline `code spans`.

Only code spans? What about text inside a list item, like:

	1.	This is a wonderful list item!
		May I <ins>insert</ins> some HTML into it?

The second line in this example is indented but not a code block. It
probably won't happen often however.

For the name, what aboute the "disallow html/xml" mode?

Michel Fortin
michel.fortin at michelf.com
http://www.michelf.com/