XHTML-to-Markdown XSLT

Andrew Green andrew at shedside.com
Wed Aug 11 11:00:28 EDT 2004

Hi all,

I've already mentioned this in a private email to John, but I thought
list members might be interested to know that I've made an XSLT
stylesheet available that will transform XHTML into Markdown-formatted
text.  Please see:

	http://www.lowerelement.com/Geekery/XML/XHTML-to-Markdown.html

...for more details, or download the stylesheet directly from:

	http://www.lowerelement.com/Geekery/XML/markdown.xsl

It has a couple of weaknesses in that it doesn't backslash literal
characters in text that might have meaning when passed back through
Markdown.  It also formats things the 'lazy' way whenever it can.

But it might be useful for people who want to use Markdown to create
XHTML that they then want to re-edit (it was created for an application
that demanded precisely this).

Cheers,
Andrew.
--