Markdown licensing

Ian Gregory ianji at zenatode.org.uk
Mon Dec 13 16:03:45 EST 2004

On Mon, Dec 13, 2004 at 02:15:48PM -0600, Stephen Haberman wrote:

> Nonetheless, due to the GPL's ambiguities and severe ramifications if
> abused, where even you as project owner have to guess when interpreting it,
> in any commercial setting I've been in, we generally stay very far away from
> any GPL'd code. If anything it is as a matter of principal, and not relying
> on our/the project owner's guesses about the GPL's interpretation.

I understand your caution, but if Apple can release Mac OS X with
Gigabytes of GPL code included (likewise for Sun with Solaris)
then perhaps you are being a *teensy* bit paranoid:-)

On the other hand, Sun and Apple have Megabucks to spend on lawyers
which gives them a certain level of protection not available to
smaller fish.

--
Ian Gregory
http://www.zenatode.org.uk/ian/