Markdown in JavaScript

Sam Angove sam at rephrase.net
Sun Dec 26 11:10:10 EST 2004

Hi,

I had a crack at porting Markdown to JavaScript, and have a partial
implementation.

<http://rephrase.net/box/js-markdown/>

Nesting inside lists is horribly broken, but the rest seems okay. It's
less flexible than the Perl and PHP versions, and there are probably a
lot more problems with edge cases, but I didn't find anything in the
"normal" input (that is to say, random posts from daringfireball.net) I
tested.

At the moment, it *only* works with Mozilla-based browsers. I don't
think anything else has the right level of regular expression support.
It's pretty much unusable on the web, but it could be useful in an
extension for Firefox or Thunderbird -- any ideas?

Anyway, it's there if people are interested. :)

-Sam