Markdown in Java

Ken Pelletier ken at nika.com
Mon Dec 27 15:01:36 EST 2004

Hi all,

With the recent posts about Python and JavaScript ports, I suppose I
ought to make a (somewhat premature) announcement that I've begun a
Java version.

I spent a few hours last weekend getting the bones of it written and
working in Java, and thanks to unusually clear and well-documented
regexp in Markdown.pl, it wasn't nearly as hairy as I'd anticipated.

I was interrupted by a trip out of town but may be able to find some
time in the next couple of weeks to get the rest done and tested.

I expect it may be useful as a blojsom plugin or servlet filter.

Also, since I've used groovy for prototyping it, I may keep that around
as another working Markdown implementation, if there's interest.

If anybody is interested, I can post a link when it's near enough to
fully working.

- Ken