First draft of full syntax docs

John Gruber gruber at fedora.net
Fri Mar 12 19:20:31 EST 2004

Nate Steiner <nsteiner at web-graphics.com> wrote on 03/12/04 at 5:14p:

> How about just start the page with a visually distinctive block that
> has the short form reference? You could even make the rules link down
> for more detail.

But that'd just make the page even longer. Plus, what if you want to
print out a copy of the quick ref docs? (The full syntax docs span
about 15 printed pages or so.)

I think it deserves its own page. "Main" covers things you do with
the Markdown.pl plug-in file -- how to download it, how to install it.
"Syntax" is the full documentation for the formatting syntax.

I think it's a good idea for another page, the purpose of which is
to serve as very quick introduction to the syntax. As in, take a
minute to look over this page, and you should "get" what Markdown is
like.