Getting around div tags

Fred Condo markdown at fredcondo.org
Wed Mar 17 21:11:24 EST 2004

One of my MT blog's design uses div tags to separate the main text of
the entry from a sidebar and apply different styles and layout to each.
Divs, being block-level elements, completely inhibit markdown. So far,
the best compromise I've found is to use BBEdit to markdown the content
of each div individually, then paste the results into MT.

I wonder if anyone else has run into this limitation, and, if so, have
you come up with a more elegant solution?

The blog in question is http://gutenberg.tincture.us/