cites for blockquotes

Jesper jesper at lindholms.com
Fri Mar 19 13:39:37 EST 2004

> >> I am wondering how such a quote should be rendered to be correct
> >> (regardless of Markdown’s abilities for the moment). I
> always thought
> >> the attribution should be indented or right aligned.
> >
> > I think it's a matter of taste. There's no established
> "correct" way
> > to typeset an attribution like that. Indented and right-aligned are
> > common, though.
>
> Bringhurst 5.2.3 implies that the correct way to do it is an
> em-dash followed by an M/5 (thin) space.

Now, if Bringhurst jumped off a bridge... ;)

I'm with these syntaxes for the stuff discussed recently:

(attributions)
> I love deadlines. I love the whoosing noise they make as they go by.
- Douglas Adams

(with cite attribute)
> Pie pie pie pie pie pie!
- Weebl [http://www.weebl.jolt.co.uk/pie.htm]

(class/id/style)       (v-- two or more spaces)
## Second header                    [.class #id] { font-family: "Lucida
Grande"; }

/Jesper