Markdown and CSS

Mike Zornek listguy at mikezornek.com
Mon Mar 29 17:12:58 EST 2004

After some initial use it dawned on me that Markdown does not include any
support for assigning styles to document elements (beyond of course using
inline HTML -- which is kind of against the reason I want to use Markdown).
I'm curious as to the developers thoughts on this.

My general take from reading "Dive Into Markdown" is that such was outside
of the scope or original purpose of Markdown in the first place.

For some context, not only am I evaluating text-based formats for my own
blogging but there is a growing need here at my new job to allow content
creator's get their writing up on the website sooner and sooner. Thanks!

~ Mike
-----
Mike Zornek
Web Designer, Media Developer, Programmer and Geek
Personal site: <http://MikeZornek.com>
New Project: <http://WebDevWiki.com>