More on the 404

John Gruber gruber at fedora.net
Sun May 2 00:24:21 EDT 2004

Byron <byron at texturadesign.com> wrote on 05/01/04 at 8:36a:

> I'm still working through the mysterious 404 problem I'm having when an
> entry saves, then rebuilds. Here's one of the errors I see
>
> Use of uninitialized value in substitution (s///) at plugins/Markdown.pl
> line 222.

This is interesting, because I'm working with something else
(off-list) who is seeing that error too, at the same line.

Do you know what version of Perl is installed on your server? It
wouldn't happen to be 5.6.0, would it? (If you have command-line
access to the server, you can get Perl version by typing `perl -v`
at a command prompt.)

Is it just one particular entry where you're having this problem? If
so, can you email me (off-list, if you prefer) an exact copy of the
post in question?