PHP Markdown 1.0.1b2

Ian Gregory ianji at zenatode.org.uk
Sat Nov 27 20:57:44 EST 2004

On Sat, Nov 27, 2004 at 08:54:04PM -0200, Tim Pritlove wrote:

> On 27.11.2004, at 20:27, Michel Fortin wrote:
>
> >+	Fixed problem for links defined with urls that include parens, e.g.:
> >
> >		[1]:
> >		http://sources.wikipedia.org/wiki/Middle_East_Policy_(Chomsky)
> >
> >	"Chomsky" was being erroneously treated as the URL's title.
>
> erroneously?
>
> As far as I recall, parentheses are not valid characters for URLs.

As I am the one who reported the bug and gave that URL as an example
I feel the need to comment. I did think that parens might not be
allowed in a URL, but I was probably either very busy or very lazy
and made the assumption that the wikipedia would be coded to not
allow invalid URLs to be entered.

--
Ian Gregory
http://www.zenatode.org.uk/ian/