A few strange behaviours or bugs?

Jim Byrne jim at glasgowwestend.co.uk
Sat Oct 30 17:01:02 EDT 2004

Hi Michel,

Thanks for the quick reply.

I apologize for my lack of detail.

Markdown was not used to enter the source on these pages - it was all
entered by hand as HTML. I have had a read through the pages you mention -
and noted the advice about putting blank lines before and after block level
elements - unfortunately that does not seem prevent the extra paragraph tags
being added.

For example, in the page at http://www.gawds.org/show.php?contentid=97 the
entire content (added via a form) is bracketed by <div> and </div>. When I
space out the HTML to ensure there is blank lines separating these block
level elements - the final </div> is processed by Markdown and becomes

Please prompt me for further detail if required.

Thanks - I appreciate your help.

All the best,
Jim