closing ul/li getting wrapped in p

Stephen Haberman stephenh at chase3000.com
Sun Oct 31 23:11:25 EST 2004

> $result = "<$list_type>\n" . $result . "</$list_type>\n\n";
> # Avoid an extra new line after sublists

Well. Witness me 1) re-learning Perl and 2) finding that my other changes
were somehow interfering.

Against a vanilla Markdown.pl, this does the trick:

It seems like the \n must be completely gone between </ul> and </li> or else
a double \n\n gets thrown back in and caught by . My previous change had
been removing ul/ol from the block_tags_a|b which when I realized I really
should not do, the rollback to having HashHTMLBlocks go over ul and ol
showed that my previous $result RE did not actually work at all.

> Is there an automated test suite for Markdown?

Sorry for the preliminary emails. I swear it was working fine each time I
sent in an email. I underestimated how my various 'tweaks' were interacting
to cause different results.

I've now sat on this 3rd email for ~1 day and am still confident in the new
$result =~ RE to correct the mangled sublists.

- Stephen